Event Schedule & Details
General Crew Info
Here’s to the Crew! Crew are dedicated volunteers who help bring The OneWalk to Conquer Cancer to fruition! The OneWalk thanks you in advance for your dedication and support of this amazing event and we cannot wait to see you on the best weekend of the year! Please find all details pertaining to the Crew only below.
Crew Meeting & Package Pickup
* Mandatory for new crew
The Crew Meeting is your opportunity to receive important event weekend information, meet your Team Captain, fellow Crew Members (if you haven’t already), get excited for the big day, and get your Crew Kit. Your Crew Kit will include your t-shirt along with your wristband that gives you access to meals, and two free drinks!!
** We strongly encourage new Crew Members to attend the Crew Meeting; however if you cannot attend please notify your Crew Coach and Team Captain so they can provide important documents and information for event weekend. **
Package Pick Up
For any returning crew members pop by to get your Crew Kit! Your Crew Kit will include your credential and t-shirt for the weekend.
Team Captains Meeting Date and Time: Friday, September 9th at 6:00pm
Crew Meeting Date and Time: Friday, September 9th at 6:30pm
Packet Pick-Up: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Location: Northern District Library, 40 Orchard View Blvd
Steps away from the Yonge & Englinton Subway Station & Paid Parking available close by.
Event Day Timeline
- Meeting Location:
- Upload Lot - 324 Cherry St., Toronto, ON M5A 3L2
- Continental Breakfast Served
- Buses begin to load; please be sure to check your assigned departure time so you don't miss your bus!
Note: Buses start to load depending on your scheduled bus time. *** For those taking the event shuttle buses to your event locations please remember to pick up your lunch before boarding the bus! The lunch truck will be located at the buses in the Upload Lot. If you do not pick up your lunch, you will not eat! If you are on the Motor Safety Team, Sweep Team or Lunch Team you will pick up your lunches at the route lunch location on each day of the event.
- Medical Emergencies: With any emergency, contact 911 immediately. Then, immediately report any medical emergencies to Dispatch along with all details you could retrieve from the incident. Please remain calm to ensure the situation is handled in the best manner possible. Once you have reported the emergency to 911 and Dispatch please return to you Crew role. Medical Staff are available at all route stops and camp in case assistance is required as well. Staff is equipped with a 2-way radio and a mobile phone and will have comprehensive information on local hospitals, emergency facilities, police, fire, and other important emergency information. Doctors, emergency medical personnel and an ambulance will be available.
- Sweep Assistance: If you see a walker that is injured or unable to walk, they will make a “thumbs down” signal to stop a passing sweep vehicle. These vehicles are reserved for injured Walkers and those unable to complete the day’s ride; they are not to be utilized as a taxi service. They will not go directly to Ceremonies during the day. Sweep vehicles will take Walkers to the next Pit Stop on route, where buses will take them to Ceremonies. Only injured Walkers will receive prompt medical attention and transport. If a Walker is picked up early in the day, it may be hours before they are delivered to Ceremonies by bus due to availability. As it nears the route closure time, sweep vehicles will pick up Walkers who are still on the road.
- Practice safety to yourself and others on your team. Stay hydrated, make sure to eat throughout the day and protect yourself from the weather. Ensure to wear a hat if sunny and wear layers if it’s cold. Bring Rain Gear for the event. The weather can shift quickly so please have a bag with you at all times with gear it in you may require throughout the entire day to remain safe and comfortable. These events run rain or shine so you want to be prepared.
- If you see any unsafe behavior from fellow Crew Members or Walkers, please do not hesitate to remind everyone to be safe and take care of one another. If you require assistance from your Team Captain or Staff member, please do not hesitate to do so. Safety is our first priority!
- If you are driving a crew vehicle, please stay focused on the Road at all times. No headphones and only hands free phone systems must be used while driving.
- All Crew must follow the rules of the roads, as the Walk does not receive any special privileges from local authorities.
- In a situation of poor weather or emergency please remain calm and follow the direction from staff or local authorities. It is our job to remain calm and ensure the Walkers remain safe at all times.
- Remain in contact with Dispatch and answer their calls throughout the entire day. The Dispatch team needs to know you and your team is safe and has everything you need.
- Smile and remember to have fun!
What to Pack
- Personal Identification, Money and Credit Card
- Comfortable Clothing
- Rain gear and Rain boots
- Change of footwear (optional)
- Sunblock and hat
- Water bottle
- Change of shirt
** These are suggestions. Please pack according to your needs.
We are still looking for crew for a number of roles! If you have any friends or family interested in getting involved please get them to contact Alexa Reigh Thomson at 416.628.4712 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are still looking for volunteers for a number of roles! If you have any friends or family interested in getting involved please get them to contact Volunteer Coordinator Ana Louise Ruso at 416.815.9255 or at email@example.com
Your Team Captains are an abundance of resources leading up to event and will be your main contact on event. Make sure to touch base with your captain and confirm your attendance.
Opening Rally & Finish Festival
Nathan Phillips Square100 Queen St W
Toronto, ON M5H 2N2, Canada
Suggested Parking & Public Transit
110 Queen Street West (Nathan Phillips Square Garage)- $2.75/half hour; Saturday maximum: $8.00
37 Queen Street East - $3.00/half hour; Saturday maximum: $6.00
For more parking information and options, please visit parking.greenp.com.
Due to the possibility of postal strike, Walker packets will no longer be mailed. In an effort to make your packet pickup as easy as possible, we would like to invite you to pick up your event packet during the following times:
Location – 460 Richmond Street West, Suite 101,Toronto ON M5V 1Y1
• August 29 through September 2: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• September 6 through September 8: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Location – Check-In Tent at Nathan Phillips Square
• September 9: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
If you're not able to make it during any of the mentioned times, you can pick up your packet the morning of the event at the Check-In tent.
6:30am – On-site check-in begins for those who have not checked in online. If planning to check in on-site, please arrive early to avoid missing Opening Rally.
6:30am – Continental breakfast served.
7:30am – All participants should be on-site.
8:00am – Opening Rally
11:00am - 8:00pm – Finish Festival
3:00pm – Heart and Sole Award Presentation by Paul Alofs
5:00pm – Route closes
30 Carlton St.,
Toronto, ON M5B 2E9
- 416-977-6655 or 1-800-367-9601
- Rate 1:
- Single/Double - $148 + applicable taxes
- Rate 2:
- Triple - $168 + applicable taxes
- Rate 3:
- Quad - $188 + applicable taxes
- Deadline Date:
When making a phone booking, please reference "OneWalk PMCC" to get discounted rate. Discounted rate automatically applied to online bookings. We would also like to note that with TIFF happening over the same weekend of OneWalk, Hotel rooms in Downtown Toronto will be limited. We have limited space available at our host hotel, so please book fast!
HOST HOTEL TO OPENING RALLYDeparture Time:
Continuous loop between 6:30 AM-7:45 AM
Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown
30 Carlton St.,
Toronto, ON M5B 2E9
Nathan Phillips Square
100 Queen St W
Toronto, ON M5H 2N2, Canada
CLICK HERE TO RSVP
Shuttles fill on a first come, first serve basis and depart when full according to the time frame above.
- Water bottle
- Rain gear
- Cash for parking and additional cash should you wish to partake in additional alcoholic beverages.
- Participants with special diets, bring all lunch and finish-line meals for the day to the Registration/Information booth at the Opening Rally. Our team will ensure these meals are at the locations for you to pick up once you arrive. Please ensure you have your NAME, PARTICIPANT NUMBER and WHAT MEAL it is on the tupperware.
- Bring your photo ID. You'll need it if you'll drink alcoholic beverages at the Finish Festival.
- Last minute donations. Bring any last-minue donations on Saturday. Each donation must have a completed donation form. Speed up the check-in process by bringing them properly filled in.
Important Dates and Deadlines
August 27, 2016 – Mailed donations must be postmarked by this date in order to be processed in time for the event. Mailed donations postmarked after may not be credited to your fundraising account by event day. If you receive additional mailed donations after June 11th, bring them on Saturday, event day, to have them added to your account on the spot.
August 27, 2016 – Company matching gifts sent to the P.O. Box must be postmarked by this date. Any matching gifts not received can be "guaranteed" by a Delayed Self-Pledge with the participant's credit card number.
September 9, 2016 – Online donations received on this date or before will be reflected in your fundraising account on event day.
November 9, 2016 – Delayed Self-Pledge will be processed on this date if you have not reached your fundraising minimum.